Below are the materials that WDLC uses to support staff, patrons, and stakeholders as we boycott Macmillan eBooks and eAudiobooks. Please feel free to revise for your own use.
- In-depth boycott impact analysis after 10 weeks, for libraries considering a boycott or those who have ceased purchasing and want to know what impact its having.
- Analysis of Macmillan’s proposed models: no embargo, but at what cost?
- Boycott proposal to our consortium
- FAQs from libraries
- Steps for analyzing Macmillan content in your catalog
- Talking points for stakeholders
- OverDrive Marketplace features for filtering out items by publisher
- Staff responses to patron complaints or questions
- Email template for patrons in long holds queues
- Sample press release
- Our letter to Macmillan announcing the boycott
- Our email to OverDrive announcing the boycott
If you have questions or suggestions, let us know here.