WHO WE ARE
The Whatcom County Library Foundation supports innovative programs that are critical to ever-changing needs and opportunities. In conjunction with every branch’s Friends of the Library group, the Foundation is committed to maintaining library services that meet the diverse population of Whatcom County residents. We augment tax-based support for our libraries and help fund vital programs that serve our community.
Read the details in our 2016 Annual Report.
WHAT WE FUND
Donations to the Foundation support programs and services in response to social, cultural, and economic needs in our communities. Service and programs the Foundation provides for include:
- Issues That Matter Discussion Series
- Books Unbound
- Books for Babies
- Library Summer Reading Programs
- Whatcom READS!
- Ramona Villani Memorial Fund for Teen Services
In addition, the Foundation gives an annual grant to the Whatcom County Library System to fund above-baseline initiatives and capital improvement projects.
BUILD OUR ENDOWMENT
Support the long-term financial stability of Whatcom County libraries and help ensure exceptional programming and services for generations to come with your gift to the Whatcom County Library Foundation Endowment Fund, managed by the Whatcom Community Foundation.
Donations of cash, securities or estate gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law, and gifts of all levels are valued. To donate to the endowment, contact Jennifer Rick.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The Whatcom County Library Foundation is continually fundraising to support library services. On behalf of Whatcom County Library System, the Foundation welcomes gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and estates for the general support or specific programs.
The Whatcom County Library Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, #86-1140451.
- Direct Gift: Mail your check to:
Whatcom County Library Foundation
5205 Northwest Drive
Bellingham, WA 98226
- Online Gift: Make your donation online via PayPal
- Matching Gifts: Multiply your dollars when your employers match your donation. Contact your employer for the proper forms.
- Wills/Bequests: Leave a true legacy of your love of libraries by naming Whatcom County Library Foundation in your estate plans.
- Securities: Gifts of appreciated stocks may provide donors with valued tax benefits.
Support the Birch Bay Building Project! Donations welcome! Please specify “Birch Bay” in Paypal’s Special Instructions section.