Beginning February 22, 2024, all applications are required to be completed online unless otherwise noted in the job posting.
See current openings.
- An account will be created as you submit your first application. Your email will be your username, and you will create your own password.
- If you forget your password, use the “forgot password” feature to have a password reset sent to the email associated with your account at setup.
- You can upload a resume or cover letter as part of your application. If you upload your resume at the beginning, the system can autofill the appropriate fields in your online application. Please review all fields for accuracy before submitting.
- If you choose to apply for a different position within the Whatcom County Library System, your application will autofill with the information you submitted on your most recent application. You can then edit any field before submitting for the new position.
- Library computers can be used to complete employment applications, and Library staff are available for technical support.
Applicants who need accommodations during the application or interview process should contact the Human Resources Department at 360-305-3607 or through our contact form here.
A completed online application is required for each position applied for, and must be received via our online portal by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date unless otherwise indicated by the job posting.
Incomplete applications or applications not received by the posted deadline on the closing date may disqualify you. Other application materials are optional, unless requested, and will not be accepted as a substitute for a completed application.
Accommodations for the application process must be made in advance by contacting HR at 360-305-3607, or through our contact form here. .
Applications will be screened and applicants who best match the needs of posted positions will be contacted if they are selected for an interview. The hiring process may take a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks. Applicants who need accommodations during the application or interview process should contact the Human Resources Department at 360-305-3607 or through our contact form here.
Offers of Employment Conditional
All offers of employment are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of applicant’s identity and legal authority to work in the U.S. Offers of employment are also conditioned on receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and a criminal background check, when required.
The library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other legally protected class. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. To request accommodation please call 360-305-3607 or use our contact form here.