2023 OPEN BOOK FESTIVAL: NOVEMBER 3, 2023
AT OPEN BOOK, YOU CAN:
- Meet award-winning authors
- Connect with fellow writers in the Local Author Room
- Try your hand at letterpress printing courtesy of Bison Bookbinding
- Tour the Bookmobile and WTA Whatcomics bus
- Learn how to get your book published
- Attend poetry readings
- Relax in the Reading Lounge
- Join a Book Club
- Learn how to mend books
- Interact with braille and talking books
- Attend a Silent Disco
- Gather reading recommendations
- Browse and buy bookish gifts
Sign up here to receive Open Book updates and exclusive sneak peeks.
At the request of a key event participant, we ask attendees to avoid using strong fragrances.
But wait, there’s more! Enter to win a WCLS Sasquatch book bag at the Friends of the Library booth. Drop your name in for a chance to win a copy of Red Paint: The Ancestral Autobiography of a Coast Salish Punk by Sasha taqʷšəblu LaPointe at the Whatcom READS booth.
Need not be present to win featured door prizes. Winners will be notified.
PRESENTED BY THE WHATCOM COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH VILLAGE BOOKS AND THE WHATCOM COUNTY LIBRARY FOUNDATION
Ferndale Events Center
5715 Barrett Rd, Ferndale, WA 98248
Take exit 262 from I-5
Turn east onto W. Axton Road/Main St away from town
Turn left (north) onto Barrett Road
Turn left at “Event Center” sign
Destination is at west end of parking lot
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage and participate fully. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact our ADA Compliance Officer at least 72 hours in advance so that we may make any needed accommodations. Phone 360-305-3603, or email ADA@wcls.org.