MISSION: Connecting information, ideas, and community.
VISION: An engaged community where curiosity is cultivated, literacy flourishes, and democratic ideals thrive.
WCLS VALUES AND PROMOTES:
- PARTNERSHIP: Collaborations with community and other partners to create environments that cultivate community connections and serve as sanctuaries for curiosity, thinking, and free exchange of ideas.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Excellent customer service and an innovative organizational culture that supports staff and learning.
- LIFELONG LEARNING: Discovery, inquiry, lifelong learning, and reading for pleasure, especially for children.
- ACCESS: Free convenient access to a diverse collection of resources that supports popular interests and lifelong learning.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Confidentiality and personal choice in regard to individual use of our materials and services.
- EFFICIENT OPERATIONS: Effective and efficient operations through measurement and evaluation of our plans, goals, objectives, and services, within the context of professional best practices and emerging technologies.