We appreciate your taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We’d love to stay in touch.
- Come in to one of our ten branches and say hi to the staff (locations and hours).
- Pick up Explorations to discover library events and news (at your local branch or download here).
- Engage with us on social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Phone or email us (on our Contact Page)
February is Library Lovers Month, but our hearts belong to public libraries all year long.
Let us count the ways.
- Find books: Whether in-person at your local library branch or online, library staff can help you find your next great book and connect you with fellow readers at author events, writing programs and book discussions. Ask us! We love to talk about books. Or visit wcls.org/bookdiscovery.
- Save money: Your library card gives you free access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines as well as streaming movies and music. Skip the subscriptions. Choose eBooks from our catalog. Download audiobooks and magazines on Libby. Discover new music on Freegal. Watch award-winning and popular movies on Kanopy. All with your library card.
- Connect with community: County libraries present nearly 2,000 entertaining and illuminating events each year where you can learn, laugh and connect with neighbors. See what’s happening at our online calendar: wcls.org/events.
- Explore the “Library of Things:” Before you buy, discover 144 items you can borrow from the library, including ukeleles, jigsaw puzzles, art, WiFi hotspots, boardgames and light therapy lamps. Search “Library of Things” in our catalog to discover the power of sharing with your library card. We’re adding news things all the time!
- Launch a love of reading: The library system hosts Storytime programs for young children and their families. It’s a joyful introduction to the library and reading. Make friends, develop social skills, and get ready to read at Storytime.
- Access technology: County libraries offer equitable access to computers, the internet and printers. Reserve time on a library desktop computer. Use your own device to connect to our free WiFi. And print your documents…all at the library!
- Learn something new: With your library card, you can: Study a language on Mango Languages; learn a craft on Creativebug, research your family tree on Ancestry.com; tune up your car with the Chilton Library; or get certifications for your next job at LinkedIn Learning. Search our digital library collection at wcls.org/digital-content.
- Read the news: Newsbank links you to current and archival newspapers from around the U.S. and the world, including regional and local newspapers such as the Bellingham Herald and Cascadia Daily News.
- Find research assistance: Whether it’s homework help or a personal fact-finding project, library staff can help you find and verify facts.
Ready to share your library crush with the world?
Visit any Whatcom County Library System location and ask for your
“I ❤️ My Library” sticker.
Wear your heart on your sleeve … or your laptop, water bottle, notebook or phone case. (While supplies last)
I Love My Library…
Share a testimonial here: