Sustainable Connections Flood Relief Resources for Farms and Farmers

Sustainable Connections list of opportunities to donate, as well as help available for farms and farmers

If a farm needs flood emergency or recovery assistance, they should contact Whatcom Emergency Management at 360-676-6681.
If the need cannot be addressed locally, it is passed up to State Emergency Operations Center which has staff from the state Department of Agriculture (WSDA).
Locally, the federal USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) can be reached at 360-318-8121 or in person at: Everson Service Center 914 Citadel Drive, Suite C, Everson WA 98247
FSA has three programs that might provide assistance to local farms depending upon their circumstances:
ECP helps pay for fence replacement, cleaning debris off of fields, emergency loans.
TAP help costs if plants (trees, berries) die from flooding. Pays cost-share on purchasing and replanting of new plants.
ELAP helps with feed loss. Producers have to provide a way to document what they normally feed with the costs and how much was lost.