How to log in
Any time you want to sign in, you need to enter your login name. Your login name is a combination of a code for your school and your school lunch number or ID number. Here are the school codes:
Example: if you attend the Meridian School District and your lunch number is 800000, your library login will be ME800000. Your default PIN is 1234, but you can change it after you sign in to the catalog the first time.
How can I use my login?
You can use this login and PIN to check out books, DVDs, graphic novels and video games from any WCLS location. You can also check out eBooks and eAudiobooks, download or stream music, read eMagazines, or do research for homework. If you want to request books from the library catalog, you have to sign in to the catalog and go through a short process to set it up.
- Go to www.wcls.org and click Log In/My WCLS in the upper-right corner.
2. On the login page, type in your library login. Your login is your “lunch number” or school ID number preceded by a code for your school district.
3. On the Welcome screen, click Continue To Account Setup.
4. On the My Account Setup screen, verify your name, birthdate, and email address (if applicable). If correct, click Continue. If any information is incorrect, see troubleshooting hints below.
5. The last step in creating your account is to choose a user name. If you are 12 years old or under, you will choose a color and an animal from the drop-down list. If you are 13 years old or older, you will create the user name of your choice.
Hint: You will not need to remember your user name, because you can always log in with your library “lunch number”, such as ME800000.
Congratulations, your account is now set up! If you would like to change your PIN, you can click your username in the upper-right corner and then click My Settings. Under the Password section, click Change, enter your new four-digit numeric PIN, and then click Save Password.
Wrong name? Re-enter your student ID number. If that still doesn’t work, talk to your teacher or librarian to verify your student ID.
Wrong birthday? You can continue setting up your online account. Next time you’re at the library, you should have a librarian correct it.
Wrong email address? You can continue setting up your online account. Next time you’re at the library, you should have a librarian correct it.
Misspelled Name? You can continue setting up your online account. Next time you’re at the library, you should have a librarian correct it.
I received the message “user name or pin is incorrect.” Try re-entering your number. If that doesn’t work, talk to your teacher or librarian to verify your student ID number. If you have the correct ID number and it’s still not working, talk to your parent or guardian to see if you have been opted out.
For eBooks and eAudioBooks
Click on the Washington Anytime Library link here and sign in at the top right side of the window:
On the sign-in screen, select your library (Whatcom County Library System) and use your Student ID number and PIN to sign in:
For Homework Help
Find the help you need below. Click on the resource links. If a login is required, use your Student ID number and PIN.