Whatcomics is open for submissions from September 1 through October 31.
Whatcomics is a teen art book published annually by Teen Services of the Whatcom County Library System.
Area teens are invited to submit their original, 2-D artwork in a variety of styles including pen and ink, colored pencil, watercolor, comics, doodles, and digital art. Whatever spins your creative wheel, we would love to see it!
Accepted artists receive a copy of the book and an invite to the Whatcomics Art Reception held in January at the Lynden Library.
The Rules are Simple
- Open to Whatcom County teens in grades 6-12
- Entries accepted between September 1 and October 31
- Original artwork only (no characters from movies, games, or shows)
- 8.5 x 11 unlined paper only
- No light pencil
- Black & white or color
- Team entries allowed
- All levels of artwork accepted
- Up to 3 entries per person
Frequently Asked Questions
We have created some templates that you can download and print to create your own comic strip or page. You are also welcome to create your own. The only rule is that the final piece can’t be larger than one 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper.
Download a template and get started!
Need some inspiration?
Have questions? Email Tamar Clarke, Teen Services Coordinator.