Blaine Library Building Project
Why expand the Library?
- Our current 5,400-square-foot library at 610 3rd Street opened 31 years ago in the converted Blaine Public Works garage. The building infrastructure restricts growth and services, including technology expansion, community programs and meeting space, and quiet areas for reading and research.
- Without updates, the library cannot meet present and projected community needs.
- Community members chose “expanding the library” as a high priority in Blaine’s strategic economic initiative plan.
- Each year, approximately 116,000 people visit the Blaine Library; more than 700 people sign up for a library card, and a quarter million books circulate through the branch.
How Can I Help?
- Make a tax-deductible donation here.
- Attend community input sessions. View initial concepts, share your ideas, and get involved! Meeting notices will be posted here. Join us to learn how the distinctive, complementary designs of the Blaine regional library and Birch Bay’s planned neighborhood library will serve northwest Whatcom County residents.
- Join the Friends of Blaine Library or support our book sales.