Microsoft Imagine Academy offers training in many Microsoft products, including Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, and Access. Learn on your own computer at home, on your laptop using WiFi, or on an internet computer at your local library.
This program has been made available to all Washington State residents through the Washington State Library.
You will need:
1. A Microsoft Live ID/Microsoft ID account.
If you already have a Microsoft email address or Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, XBox Live, Zune, or Office Live,), you already have a Microsoft Live ID. Proceed to step 2.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you will need to sign up for a Microsoft Live ID. Here’s how:
- Go to https://signup.live.com.
- Complete the form and click “create account” and follow the instructions to create your account.
- Record your new Microsoft ID account name and password where you won’t forget it.
- Go back to your email account and look for the Verification Email (it might be in your junk or spam folder). Verify your Microsoft ID account by clicking the link in that message.
2. A WCLS patron barcode number and your PIN.
- If you don’t have a card, apply online or visit your local library in person to get one.
- Your patron barcode number is the 16 digit number on the back of your library card.
- Your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you do not have this information or need to update your library account, please call us at (360) 305-3600.
Create Your Imagine Academy Account
- Use this link to enter your WCLS patron barcode and PIN. Your barcode number is on the back of your library card and your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you do not have this information or need to update your library account, please call us at (360) 305-3600.
- If required, log-in with your Microsoft Live ID/Microsoft Account
- Fill in the form and click “continue.” You now have access to a huge array of Microsoft training classes – just click “Browse.”
Once you have completed the above steps, you can simply visit the Imagine Academy website at https://imagine.microsoft.com to access your classes!