Microsoft IT Academy New User Instructions
Getting Started with Microsoft IT Academy at the Whatcom County Library System.
You will need:
1. A Microsoft Live ID/Microsoft ID account.
If you already have a Microsoft email address or Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, XBox Live, Zune, or Office Live,), you already have a Microsoft Live ID.
If you don't have a Microsoft account, you will need to sign up for a Microsoft Live ID. Here's how:
- Go to https://signup.live.com.
- Complete the form and click "create account."
- Record your new Microsoft ID account name and password where you won't forget it.
- Go back to your email account and look for the Verification Email (it might be in your junk or spam folder). Verify your Microsoft ID account by clicking the link in that message.
2. A Whatcom County Library System Patron Barcode number and your PIN.
- If you don't have a card, apply online at http://www.WCLS.org/getacard or visit your local library in person to get one.
- If you already have a library card, your Patron Barcode number is on the back.
- Your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you do not have this information or need to update your library account, please call us at (360) 305-3600.
Create Your IT Academy Account
- Click this link to input your WCLS Patron Barcode and PIN. Your barcode number is on the back of your library card and your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you do not have this information or need to update your library account, please call us at (360) 305-3600.
- If required, log-in with your Microsoft Live ID/Microsoft Account
- Fill in the form and click "continue." You now have access to a huge array of Microsoft training classes - just click "Browse."
Once you have completed the above steps, you can simply visit the IT Academy website at http://itacademy.microsoft.com directly to access!