The following list and comments by online travel adviser Cheapflights.com compiles their Top 10 Must-Reads before Summer Ends - it isn't over yet, is it? - with recommendations matching books to types of travelers. Click on any of the titles to see them in the library catalog.
1. A Small Hotel by Robert Olen Butler - Perfect for a couple's romantic weekend away.
2. The Red House by Mark Haddon - Perfect escape from that family vacation you're hesitantly looking forward to.
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - For the salacious girls' weekend away.
4. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe - This one is for the solo traveler.
5. Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead - The perfect beach read.
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - ideal for the romantic traveler.
7. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes - for the woman traveling alone.
8. The Yard by Alex Grecian - for the lover of suspense and mystery.
9. True Believers by Kurt Andersen - for patriotic travelers.
10. Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick - for the weekend traveler.