The Whatcom County Library Foundaton is continually fundraising to support library services. On behalf of Whatcom County Library System, the Foundation welcomes gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and estates for the general support and/or specific programs for community libraries.
You can earmark your donation to support a branch library, toward a particular Friends of the Library group, to support our Book Endowment program, or to enrich library services. These services include special programming, and outreach to adults, kids and teens.
How you can donate:
- Donate online by using the Donation link on the left.
Contact Jennifer Rick, Foundation Development Director, to earmark your donation.
- Checks: Sign, seal, and mail – the old fashioned way to:
Whatcom County Library Foundation, 5205 Northwest Dr., Bellingham, WA 98226.
- Matching Gifts: Multiply your dollars when your employers match your donation.
- Wills / Bequests: Leave a true legacy of your love of libraries!
- Trusts: Earn income and tax benefits for you and your family while you give to WCLS.
- Gift Annuity: Receive income from a transfer of cash, marketable securities or other assets.
- Life Insurance: WCLS could be an additional beneficiary.
- In-Kind: Gifts other than cash; such as books or technology may be accepted.
- Securities: Donate and avoid capital gains.
- Retained Real Estate: A future gift of a home or property provides a current benefit.
We invite local businesses to support libraries and reading in Whatcom County through sponsorships of literacy outreach throughout the year. The Foundation also welcomes corporate sponsorship of reading programs, collections, and community development projects. Contact Jennifer Rick for more information.
Our 501(c)(3) enables the Foundation to receive tax-deductible contributions.
Foundation Sponsored Programs
- The Whatcom County Library Foundation sponsors a “Raise a Reader” program that provides a book to every newborn at St. Joseph's Hospital as part of early literacy outreach effort.
- The Foundation sponsors Whatcom READS! One Book Together, the community reading program that brought you Sherman Alexie, Tobias Wolff, Jim Lynch, and Elizabeth George.
- The Foundation has awarded grants to support Friends of the Library building projects in Deming, North Fork, and Ferndale.
For more information about donations to the Whatcom County Library Foundation, contact Jennifer Rick or call (360) 305-3600.