County Library Tours Promote Lifetime Independent Learning
- Very young students are welcomed with a story, a quick tour, and, if you wish, time to check out books.
- Middle and upper grade students get more in-depth tours, emphasizing effective library use. A presentation showing how to use the catalog is available on request.
How to Book a Tour?
Library Cards for Check-Out
For a Successful Visit
- Please make sure students clearly understand the goals of the visit and what they are expected to do.
- Primary or young elementary age group? Please bring parent volunteers to help.
- Please have students ready to check out books 15 minutes before they must leave.
For Research Success
- Tour Early: Research-oriented visits should be scheduled when the assignment begins. Otherwise, the quicker students already may have checked out all available materials
- Alert the Library: Please give us your research topics at least two weeks before the tour so that extra materials can be gathered.
- Broad Topics=More Materials Available: The broader and more flexible the assignment, the more likely that all students will find material.
Send any comments or questions to Catherine Sarette.